CROSS CULTURAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION
Learn a simple to use method for facilitating conflict resolution with individuals or groups who want to resolve their conflict.
The one constant in life is change. Today, all organizations and the people within them are experiencing more rapid change than ever before. And hand in hand with change is the certainty of conflict. Conflict uses up individual and organizational energy, taking this energy away from constructive and productive work.
In this workshop you will learn simple and highly effective methods for working with people in situations of conflict. The workshop focuses on the readiness of the facilitator to work with situations of conflict with groups. The personal preparation of the facilitator is essential. The workshop provides guidance with personal preparation as well as providing the facilitator with skills and a framework for conflict resolution. This framework for conflict resolution in groups is based on universal cross-cultural practices for conflict resolution.
People engaged in conflict are usually fixed in one perspective, and therefore they rarely ask each other genuine questions. They may also tend to lose contact with their “whole self”, thus rendering a part of themselves voiceless. When this happens they are unable to participate fully and effectively in efforts to resolve the conflict.
This workshop is based on the work of anthropologist Angeles Arrien, author Harrison Owen, and knowledge of the I CHING (the Chinese book of change).
The program covers . . .
- The three energies (dynamic, magnetic, integrated)
- The four principles of Open Space Technology
- The art of detachment
- And the six stages of problem solving.
You will leave this experiential, interactive workshop equipped with:
- A practical, holistic process through which you will lead meetings for conflict resolution
- A practical, holistic way of preparing the individuals to be involved with the conflict resolution meeting
- A practical, holistic way of preparing yourself to facilitate successful meetings
- The skills and knowledge to recognize when conflict resolution won't work and other means need to be employed
Genuine Contact™ is a Trademark of the Genuine Contact Co-Owners Group Inc.